I am a human because I feel pain.
Have you ever hurt yourself and immediately thought to yourself,
"If I can handle this, I can handle a shot."
I do this all the time.
I stub my toe and imagine myself getting a shot in my toe for an ingrown toe nail. Automatically I think, "I can handle that...".
Or I pinch my finger in my closet door and imagine my finger getting pricked.
Or the time I was about to get my ears pierced and I pinched my ears with my fingernails so hard it made an indent.
It turned out I pinched harder than the earring gun...
I think I do this because if the scenerio really does happen, that I have to get a shot, or I have to get stabbed with an IV, or I break my thumb... I'll be prepared because I've already "experienced" that pain.
Well, what's wrong with being unprepared to experience pain? What's wrong with not being able to pull it together, to hold the emotion in? What's wrong with that?
All this does is prove you're human.
I find strength in pain. No one is immune to it. But everyone decides what to do with it.
I choose to use it for proof I'm a human.

I wish I did this. I say pain is just the body warring me. And then I am able it ignore the pain. Yet only this only happens when I can think through the pain...
ReplyDelete