"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."
^^That's what they all say.^^
You want to know what I'm afraid of?I'm afraid of:
love failure success bugs thick books sweaty hands
Let me elaborate.
BUGS: Just to name a few, I hate rollie pollies because they COVER my window well. And I find one every so often. In my carpet. Dead. And when they die, they turn white and it just makes me want to puke. I hate flies, because that buzzing sound gives me the chills and they're so quick on their feet and I've heard they puke every time they land. Maybe that's a myth but I believe it. I hate mosquitos because, duh. And I hate ladybugs because they tickle. And they also puke when they land. But they do look cool. And I like counting their spots. And it doesn't tickle that bad. Okay I take that back. I kinda like lady bugs.
THICK BOOKS: I've never been a huge fan of reading and when I see books the size of King Kong I just get discouraged. I can just picture my mom's book shelf. The top shelf is lined with all of The Work and the Glory novels. Probably about 3,000 pages each. I'll just stick to the movies-I watched the second one tonight.
SWEATY HANDS: You've all touched someone's hand and it's been either soaking-wet sweaty, or that sticky-grime sweaty. Neither are too pleasant. Which is why I'm afraid of sweaty hands. I'm afraid I have them. But I've found a way to prevent it. You can thank me later. Wipe your hand on your clothes and then touch something cold, like your knee (at least mine is always cold) and then let it sit there, face up, without touching anything and then just don't think about it. It works every time. If it doesn't work, that's really okay, too.
LOVE: I'm afraid I'll never find love. I've never kissed a boy in my life. Actually, 2nd grade, but it was on the cheek and I was confident back then. I'm afraid I'll become the next Sherri Dew. Alone. Never married. Amazing! But alone. I'm afraid I'll never have my soulmate. To scratch my back, make me laugh, and hold me tight when nothing is right.
FAILURE: I think everyone is afraid of failure. It's the first thing that comes to everybody's mind when asked what your fears are. Because failure hurts. It's embarrassing. It makes you vulnerable. But yet it's the only thing that makes you stronger.
SUCCESS: I find myself shying away from opportunities where I could potentially succeed. Simply because I'm afraid to. Afraid to succeed. Once you succeed, you get higher and higher up. And someday you are bound to fail. And the higher up you are, the more embarrassing it is when you fail.
But they say,
"Never let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game."
Fear keeps us from playing the game, most of the time. But it isn't until we face that fear that we hit home run after home run.
This is different. You categorized your fears, I haven't seen anyone do that yet.
ReplyDeleteI really liked the way it all looked visually. It was easy to read.